Record numbers turn out for ACTION
TORONTO – Last night CJPAC’s 6th annual ACTION Party saw a record number of politicians and young professionals flood the Skywalk for a celebration of Jewish and pro-Israel political engagement.
“The ACTION Party keeps growing – breaking records and shattering traditional ideas about what it means to be young, pro-Israel, and politically active. With so many innovative programs like ACTION, CJPAC is filling a vital role in the Jewish and pro-Israel community that must be addressed if we hope to have a voice in the decisions that affect all of us,” said Jared Tessis, one of the Chairs.
The party, which drew more than 1,200 young professionals, featured performers, music, gourmet food, and the opportunity to mingle with over 40 elected officials representing every political party and every level of government.
“The record attendance is fantastic, but even more important is what this means for our community. A generation of Jewish and pro-Israel activists are being given the opportunities and encouragement necessary to engage deeply with our democratic institutions, including every political party and every level of government,” said Mark Waldman, CJPAC’s Executive Director.
Founded 7 years ago, CJPAC is a unique national, grassroots, independent organization. Its mandate is to activate the Jewish and pro-Israel community in the political process in order to advance relationships with members of the Canadian political community and foster Jewish and pro-Israel political leadership. CJPAC mobilizes grassroots across the country, builds relationships with elected officials – of all political parties – and works for Jewish community interests, on a multi-partisan basis, during and between elections.
Elected Officials in Attendance:
FEDERAL (in alphabetical order)
Hon. Carolyn Bennett, P.C., M.P.
Hon. Scott Brison, P.C., M.P.
Patrick Brown, M.P.
Olivia Chow, M.P.
Bob Dechert, M.P.
Hon. Bal Gosal, P.C., M.P. (Minister of State for Sport)
Hon. Jason Kenney, P.C., M.P. (Minister of Citizenship, Immigration & Multiculturalism)
Senator Frank Mahovlich
Larry Miller, M.P.
Hon. Joe Oliver, P.C., M.P. (Minister of Natural Resources)
Ted Opitz, M.P.
David Sweet, M.P.
PROVINCIAL (in alphabetical order)
Hon. Chris Bentley, M.P.P. (Minister of Energy)
Mike Colle, M.P.P.
Dipika Damerla, M.P.P.
Hon. Brad Duguid, M.P.P. (Minister of Economic Development & Innovation)
Michael Harris, M.P.P.
Hon. Eric Hoskins, M.P.P. (Minister of Children & Youth Services)
Tim Hudak, M.P.P. (Leader of the Official Opposition)
Rod Jackson, M.P.P
Helena Jaczek, M.P.P.
Monte Kwinter, M.P.P.
Monte McNaughton, M.P.P.
Paul Miller, M.P.P.
Rob Milligan, M.P.P.
Reza Moridi, M.P.P.
Julia Munro, M.P.P.
Teresa Piruzza, M.P.P.
Peter Shurman, M.P.P.
Hon. Charles Sousa, M.P.P. (Minister of Citizenship & Immigration)
Bill Walker, M.P.P.
Soo Wong, M.P.P.
MUNICIPAL (in alphabetical order)
Councilor Ana Bailão (Toronto)
Councillor Colin Campbell (Markham)
Councillor Josh Colle (Toronto)
Councillor Maddie Di Muccio (Newmarket)
Mayor Rob Ford (Toronto)
Councillor Logan Kanapathi (Markham)
Councillor Josh Matlow (Toronto)
Councillor Joe Mihevc (Toronto)
Councillor James Pasternak (Toronto)
Councillor Alan Shefman (Vaughn)
Councillor Howard Shore (Markham)
Consul General Amir Gissin (Israel)
CJPAC Toronto ACTION Party 2012 – Skywalk
What an amazing night, shattering records.
Storified by CJPAC · Mon, Apr 02 2012 11:55:34
- Fifth Annual Montreal ACTION Party Sells Out With Record Attendance
- The Rt. Hon. Brian Mulroney Addresses CJPAC’s Montreal Impact Dinner
- Notes for an address By The Right Honourable Brian Mulroney To the Canadian Jewish Political Affairs Committee Annual Dinner [Check against delivery]
- Job Posting: CJPAC Associate Director of Outreach
- Happy Passover
- Statement by Official Opposition leader Tom Mulcair on Passover
- Statement by the Prime Minister of Canada on Passover
- VIDEO: Bob Rae wishes a Happy Passover
- Statement — Minister Kenney issues statement to mark the start of Passover
- Statement by Liberal Leader Bob Rae on Passover
- Record political turnout for annual CJPAC event
- CJPAC Internship Application 2013 (Montreal)
- CJPAC Intern Application — Summer 2013
- ACT NOW: Thank the Government for listing the IRGC as a terrorist entity
- So you’re crazy… But are you our kind of crazy? (CJPAC Intern Applications)
- ACT NOW: Canada’s Expansion of Sanctions on Iran
- Young Leadership Israel Advocacy Program 2013 | Engage, Build, Learn & Contribute – Let us show you how.
- Chag Chanukah Sameach from the CJPAC Team!
- Intern Blog: Chanukah
- ACT NOW: Canadian responses to confrontation with Hamas
- Job Posting: Quebec Regional Director Position Specification
- On the passing of Hon. Bob (Robert) Kaplan, PC QC
- New Program: CJPAC Generation (High School Students)
- L’Shanah Tovah from The CJPAC Team!
- ACT NOW: Strong Canadian response to growing Iranian threats
- 2012-2013 CJPAC Fellowship applications now open
- Job Posting: Director of Development
- ACT NOW: THANK YOUR MP FOR SUPPORTING A MOMENT OF SILENCE AT THE OLYMPICS
- Celebrating Canada
- CJPAC’s ACTION Party breaks barriers, shatters records
- Mark Waldman honoured with Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal
- Chag Sameach and Happy Passover from the CJPAC Team
- Record numbers turn out for ACTION
- Congratulations to the Canadian Coalition Against Terror
- Top 5 political lessons from Purim & the Book of Esther
- Thanks to you, May is now Jewish Heritage Month in Ontario!
- So you’re crazy… But are you our kind of crazy?** (CJPAC Intern Applications)
- ACT NOW: Urgent steps needed to confront the Iranian threat
- ACT NOW: Thank the Government for changing key UN votes (updated)
- CJPAC’s Rosh Hashanah Time Machine
- ACT NOW: A moment of truth in Canadian Politics
- 10 Ways of Becoming Involved Politically on Campus
- Statement on the passing of Hon. Jack Layton
- CJPAC Fellowship 2011-2012
- It’s a date – Upcoming opportunities for political engagement
- Montreal: Young Professionals and Political Leaders united for ACTION
- Election 2011
- CJPAC e-Update: And we’re off!
- Toronto: Young Professionals and Political Leaders united for ACTION
- Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff’s Speech to the ACTION Party
- Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s Speech to the ACTION Party
- SOLD OUT: The ACTION Party – Toronto
- Canadian Jewish Political Affairs Committee growing in Western Canada
- ACT NOW: 8 Days of Action – Chanukah Sameach!
- National Young Leadership 2011 Israel Advocacy Program
- Municipal Elections
- Why I became “politically-engaged”
- CJPAC Fellows Heading to Ottawa
- CJPAC Fellowship 2010-2011
- Pure, Unadulterated Tenacity
- Montreal: Election Training Session
- What politics is to me
- Flotilla Update:
- ACT NOW: Contact Canadian political leaders about the Gaza Flotilla
- What it’s like to volunteer on a campaign for the first time
- CJPAC focuses on national growth, expands board and operations
- Montreal ACTION Party 2010
- Yom Ha’atzmaut Samayach – Happy Yom Ha’atzamaut!
- ACTION Party 2010 a sold-out success
- CJPAC Fellow Hosts ‘An Evening with Ed Holder’
- CJPAC Fellowship Conference 2010: A Weekend to Remember
- In 2010 Take Inspiration from Senators Grafstein and Goldstein
- Political Activist Ben Singer Takes a Stand on Iran Threat
- ACT NOW: Urge your MP to work on designating the IRGC as a terrorist entity
- Democracy in Action: Crisis in Iran – Follow Up
- CJPAC Volunteer Highlight: Danny Strong
- CJPAC Welcomes New Fellows
- Put Democracy into Action on October 27 in Ottawa
- ACT NOW: UN General Assembly – Iran & Anti-Israel Resolutions
- A Rosh Hashanah Message from CJPAC’s Chair and Executive Director
- CJPAC Welcomes New Executive Director
- CJPAC Fellow on the Hill
- From Ethiopia to Israel to CJPAC
- HSWG Graduate Encourages Students to Get Involved
- Third Anniversary of Gilad Shalit’s Capture
- Connect with CJPAC Online
- CJPAC Announces New Chair and Board
- Montreal Students Spend a Day on the Hill
- Advocacy in Action – Postponed for Fall
- Young Professionals and Politicians Come Together for ACTION
- ACTION Parties 2009
- ACTION comes to Montreal on March 5
- Get Ready For ACTION in Toronto and Montreal – UPDATED
- Raoul Wallenberg Day
- What you can do today to help Israel
- Young Leadership Israel Advocacy Seminar
- Where is Gilad Shalit?
- Participate in the 2008 Quebec Provincial Election
- Thank you for making Election 2008 a huge success
- It’s up to you — get involved
- Winnipeg High School students launch political Working Group
- Experience the Political Process – The 2008 Federal By-Elections
- CJPAC 2008 Camp Mock Election Programs
- Prime Minister Stephen Harper addresses the Toronto Israel at 60 Event
- Action Party 2008 – The National Post
- Action Party 2008
- Background information: Canada’s stance on UN World Conference Against Racism
- Background information: Canada’s vote at Sixth Special Session of the UN Human Rights Council
- Get involved in Federal by-elections!
- An MP who loved to dance, who championed French
- Young Leadership Israel Advocacy Seminar
- CJPAC Fellowship Program
- Israeli Wines and Canadian Cheese on Parliament Hill
- Hasbara in the Sukkah